Posted: under Best of..., Destinations and Places.
Tags: Add new tag, affordable accommodation, holiday rental apartment, London, Madrid, Museums, New York, Paris, Rome, smart travel, Tokyo, Toursim, travel, vacation rental condo, vacation rental villa
Travelers have different motives when visiting a new location. Some go to enjoy the beach, others want to go shopping and some go to visit museums. Cultural holidays are growing in popularity.
Culture is a broad category that includes visiting historic sites, attending cultural events or simply visiting museums. Vacationers will choose their holiday destinations according to their own interests. Most of the top visited museums in the world are located in large urban cultural cities such as Paris, London or New York. Statistics from 2007 rank the most visited worldwide museums:
1. Le Musée du Louvre (Paris, France): 8.3 million visitors
2. The British Museum (London, England) : 5.5 million visitors
3. The Tate Gallery (London, England ): 5 million visitors
4. The Metropolitan (New York, USA): 4.2 million visitors
5. The Vatican Museum (Vatican City, Italy): 4.4 million visitors
6. The National Gallery (London, England): 4.1 million visitors
7. Le Château de Versailles (Versailles, France): 3.4 million visitors
8. Le Musée d’Orsay (Paris, France): 3.1 million visitors
9. The Tokyo National Museum (Tokyo, Japan): 3.2 million visitors
10. The Prado Museum (Madrid, Spain): 2.7 million visitors
Three of the most visited museums are in Paris (click to see more on the most popular Paris Museums) and three are in London. Those popular cities are the most visited in the world and, therefore, lodging is not cheap; in fact, it is outrageously expensive.
Unless you have a generous budget for your stay, you should look into more affordable accommodation options such as a vacation rental. Holiday rental properties are probably the most comfortable lodging solutions for travelers on budgets in Paris, London, New York, Rome, Tokyo or Madrid (Madrid vacation rentals)
Quality hotels in those cities can cost anywhere from $400 to $1200 per night. Alternatively, visitors may rent a vacation rental condo in London, a holiday rental apartment in Paris, short term holiday rental apartment in New York or a vacation rental villa in Rome for a fraction of the price.