With its 50 museums, 7,000 restaurants, 30 theaters, 45 kilometers of shoreline lined with beaches and parks, exceptional architecture with works of art by Picasso, Chagall and Calder in the streets, Chicago is undoubtedly a foreground tourist destination.
• Lake Michigan
Lake Michigan is the third largest of the 5 Great Lakes and the sixth American freshwater reservoir of the planet. It is so extensive (500 km long and up to 190 km wide) that you almost feel like you are on the seashore. Chicago has 30 public beaches, on 30 km of shoreline. The northern lake is trapped in the ice 4 months out of the year. In Chicago, you can swim in mid-June to about early September.
· Navy Pier
This pier redeveloped on a recreation center, Navy Pier is now one of the most visited Chicago advantage of its privileged location on Lake Michigan close to the loop. The place is bustling with many shops, bars, rides, an indoor garden, a Ferris wheel and the Children’s Museum. Boat tours on the lake are highly recommended.
• John G. Shedd Aquarium is the largest aquarium in the world with over 80 000 animals.
• The Planetarium and muse of astrology, dated from 1930, is an exhibition devoted to astronomy and space exploration.
• Museum of Science and Industry, was built for the Universal Exhibition of 1893 dedicated to Christopher Columbus for the 400th anniversary of the discovery of America.
• The Rockefeller Memorial Chapel was built in 1928. It is located at the University of Chicago. This imposing Gothic church contains the 2nd largest carillon in the world.
• The birthplace of Ernest Hemingway
Ernest Hemingway was born July 21, 1899 in the Victorian style house in Oak Park neighborhood west of Chicago. The future Nobel laureate has lived his entire childhood in Oak Park, a graduate of Oak Park High School class of 1917.
• The McCormick Place
This magnificent convention center is brand new located south of the loop and stage of Soldier Field on Lake Michigan.
• If you go by Berwyn, in the very close western suburbs of Chicago, don’t miss this curiosity: a “skewer” car that adorns the parking lot of a shopping center, the center Cermak.
Visit escaperental.com and find your Chicago short term rental. This site specializes in vacation rentals and has many different Chicago short term rentals to choose from. Find the vacation rental in Chicago suited best for your needs.