Here, we have selected a few smart travel tips that might help you when selecting your next travel destination or just save you some money.
- Washington DC has a new program called that allows people to rent bikes anywhere in the town. The annual membership fee is $40. For more information, visit smartbikedc.com. This service can offer many advantages to regular visitors that want to tour around in a bike. Keep in mind that the subscription can take up to two weeks to be effective, so plan ahead!
- If you want to use your cell phone as an alarm while you are on vacation but have no intention of actually using the phone to make calls, turn off the wireless capabilities. The phone may access the network when you use the alarm and leave you with unpleasant ROAMING CHARGES.
- If you plan to have access to a vehicle while abroad, opt to purchase an affordable inverter instead of a converter for cell phone and battery chargers before you leave the United States. The inverter will the power you need to charge up!
- If you have internet access, you can order in all different types of cuisine! Log onto menupages.com and browse the variety of menus of nearby restaurants. You can narrow your search results by neighborhood or restaurants that deliver.
- Other smart travel tip will be to try innovative lodgings such as home exchange and vacation rentals, which usually offer full amenities for LESS.