Vacation Rentals - Holiday Rentals & Websites Presentation
Holiday rentals are usually featured on a website. The website that features the vacation rentals property should contain a thorough description of the holiday rentals villa or the vacation rentals apartment.
This description contains text, pictures and sometimes even videos. When a contract is signed for a holiday rentals property it makes reference to a specific holiday rental featured on a specific website. This is binding for the owner.
The owner makes a representation of the vacation rentals property on the website and he needs to abide by it. Some elements representations made on a website are crucial to the contract and some are secondary.
Hereunder are some elements that we consider crucial:
• If a holiday rentals home is advertised as waterfront and the vacation rentals home is actually located 2 blocks from the beach
• If a holiday rentals home has 3 bedrooms and is advertised as having 4 bedrooms
• If a vacation rentals home is advertised in a location but is really in another (the address is always provided and renters should always check it).
In the above instances, you will certainly be able to prevail, break your contract and get your money back.
Hereunder are some elements that we DO NOT consider to be crucial:
• Change of furniture: Pictures show one sofa but when renters arrive they find a different one. Owners need to maintain their holiday rentals and might need to change a piece of furniture if it is dirty or broken. They should replace the pictures but in most cases, it is considered to be acceptable.
• You find a tub when you were expecting a shower
• The vacation rentals property is clean but not to your standards
In such instances, the contract will remain in full force and renters will not prevail.
Related articles: Do Websites Verify Vacation Rental Properties? When The Same Property Is Advertised By Several Companies Free Classified Websites Pros & Cons Analyzing The Holiday Rentals Website